Covering more than half a million square kilometres, France is a big country buffering the rest of Europe from the Atlantic Ocean. Although attacked by terrorists at various locations over the past couple of years, the country is well-protected by its army and police forces.
While it may be true that the French enjoy having good times and like to have fun, they are also refined and sophisticated, and bring a touch of elegance into their relationships. This is one very important reason why so many American women search for a man from this country, though the same reasoning applies also to ladies from the UK, New Zealand, Russia and Eastern Europe. Added to this, the French male will be well-educated and will usually be happily employed, thus able to sustain an equal balance in any relationship. From decision making to helping with the day-to-day running of a household, he could be the perfect partner for any serious-minded person. This is absolutely typical for men from the capital, Paris, but also for those living in smaller cities and towns.
Equally at home in the kitchen or planning a tour of Provence, your French partner will be accomplished in all aspects of maintaining a great relationship. And, being au fait with the ways of the world, he will happily converse on any subject and won’t be shy about stressing a point or proposing some additional feature to highlight or strengthen the bond between you.
Although theirs is an international language, the French can be persuaded to converse in English and thus communication is not likely to be a problem.
While some may think that French males are too skinny and effeminate, the reality proves otherwise. They are well dressed and take care about themselves, just like most other men from other countries. During the past century France accepted mass immigration, which has led the French people to welcome their multicultural way-of-life. Therefore, a visit to this country will introduce you to a global mix of nationalities, most of which happily accept a new modern lifestyle while keeping hold of their own traditions, thus bringing new ideas into this old country.
What is the French mentality?
- The French are cool and well educated. The teaching system is of a high quality, and therefore it’s not difficult to find a smart guy.
- These men possess great style when it comes to fashion, something that comes from inside knowledge without the need to study all the latest trends. On opening the wardrobe, they know instinctively what to wear – fashion lives and breathes under their skin.
- French men love culture, art and going out with friends, it’s a vital part of their lifestyle to socialise. Occasionally they’ll visit friends and chat over a bottle or two of wine, and at other times they’ll meet outside at some cultural activity. Education and cultural growth are highly valued in France
- French guys love to take a break and relax. Up to the mark at working hard, they also know that in order to work efficiently they need to take a break and relax, usually spending time with family or friends. So, when you date a French guy, you can be sure he’ll make time for both of you to be together, as he know the importance of the personal life.
- People from France love to indulge in good quality conversation. While men from other countries are happy when there’s food on the table, and others are happy when having good times with their woman in bed, the French like nothing better than to converse on interesting matters. Instead of being in a hurry to get a girl and spend the night with her, it’s more important to find someone on the same wavelength. And, when this occurs, the rest will follow.
- Last but not least, we should not forget to mention food. The French France love high quality cuisine. Lunch is never a 10 minute affair - they love to take time to savour the taste of every mouthful. They are also expert at knowing their wines – all French men know which wine best combines with each and every situation.
Advice for dating a French guy
Normally, guys from France are blessed with typical European manners. Open to discussion about current issues, they are equally romantic when it’s time to please their women. And it’s these precious moments that bring them so much pleasure, especially the slow, gentle kiss that they bestow on their lady. It’s an emotion that heralds from their cultural heritage and is made stronger through their natural manner of being kind and open. Their friendly character assists them in making new connections every week. For example, when going out for a drink is the most natural time to find new friends.
As previously stated, French people like to learn about culture, engage in sport, and follow many other activities. From another point of view, they also love to use social networks like Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, and make extensive use of Google. Most French guys also like to travel, some of the favourite destinations being in America and including cities such as New York, Los Angeles and New Orleans. America is so popular because many French men like to meet and date American women. Needless to say, the same is true for French ladies. They also like to visit the UK, in particular London, and, closer to the homeland, Italy, where they like to make friends with the Italians due to the warmth of their nature.
- Be honest with him and with yourself. As with most cultures, honesty is a very important factor in any relationship with a French guy. Their love to be open, naturally leads them to require a high degree of honesty in order to maintain a high quality relationship.
- Talk about your feelings. When the time comes to start talking about your feelings, be prepared for a long conversation. Your partner will ask many questions in a sincere effort to understand you and to keep the relationship on a firm foundation.
- Don’t force a quick path into his bed. French men love the whole courtship thing, so enjoy the moment of romance before spending the night with your soulmate. Stepping back after intercourse is never an easy matter.
- Guys from France, especially from Paris love nice, well dressed women who have polite manners. It would be very difficult and virtually impossible to make a good impression when drunk and singing crass songs. Most French guys will leave you all washed-up.
- Be ready to receive feedback. These guys work in the same manner as their German neighbours, meaning that if they think something is wrong, they will let you know and begin a discussion so that the matter can be put right.
- They prefer polite conversation. Most guys are calm, and are happy to talk about issues over a glass of wine - they don’t need to dominate a lady and make her feel uncomfortable. If you need to discuss something, just let him know.
- They love to be romantic when they meet their partner. Spend long night outside on the date could be almost normal when they feel free and in love.
- Start learning the French language; Paris is Paris! People in France are able to speak English, but prefer to speak their own language. So, if there’s a chance for romance, you should start to take lessons, because it’ll help you win some extra points.
It’s sometimes said that French Guys think too much, a difficult thing to understand from an outsider’s point of view. Occasionally you’ll need to take a few days in order to keep calm if you are not absolutely ready for serious discussion. Typically, your French date will be in an excellent, friendly mood, enjoying good times or some type of sport with family or friends, and especially when on a date with his chosen woman. Passionate, funny, and sometimes crazy, the French man would not be averse to meeting a dark-haired Latina. Although you probably won’t get to know him inside-out on your first date, you can be sure that he will be sweet, romantic and respectful. Also, as with most guys, he will like to eat good, healthy food, so at some stage it could be a great idea to show him your culinary skills.
When such a man falls in love with a woman, he’ll always do the best he can. When setting up his dating profile, he’ll be honest and open. Remember to take a bottle of wine with you when meeting a group of French people, and don’t worry about anything, French men are naturally protective and disciplined. Although the consumption of wine is typically French, they very rarely drink too much, believing that it’s disrespectful to be drunk. When you decide to date a man from such a big country, keep your mind open and never forget that each person is different and has different needs.
Their rich cultural heritage goes a long way towards making these people such interesting friends and excellent partners. When you meet your chosen French man, make sure he’s aware of your interest, because sometimes his mind will tend to wander elsewhere.
If the cultural difference makes you wary about dating French men, it’s probably a good idea to give them a little time. Enjoy their foods, meet their friends, and relax during the time spent together. For him, there is absolutely nothing wrong about being romantic, so if and when you want to kiss him, kiss him.