Home to 1,2 bilion people, India is the world‘s seventh largest country. Because of its long history at the centre of important trading routes, the country enjoys great cultural and commercial wealth. Surrounded on two sides by an extensive coastline, India is bordered on the east by the Arabian Sea and on the west by the Bay of Bengal. Pakistan lies to India’s northwest, China and Nepal to the north, and Bangladesh lies to the northeast. Stretching approximately 1,650 miles from Kashmir in the north to Cape Comorin at the southern tip, the country holds a mixture of many religions, including Christian, Jewish, Muslim, and Buddhist, along with the Indian Hindu, Jainist, Sikh and Zoroastrian beliefs. The capital, New Delhi, lies in the centre of the northern part of the continent, while cities such as Bombay (Mumbai) and Madras (Chennai) are situated on the coastline, west and east respectively. After a long struggle to break away from the British Empire, India succeeded in gaining its independence in 1947 and, today, has one of the world’s fastest-growing economies. Although recently industrialised, the country continues to suffer from overwhelming poverty and scant public healthcare, while the cities face increasing problems attached to air pollution. Indian families range in size from those including three or four generations all living together in the same house to the solitary widow who has to fend for herself. Big, beautiful and bewildering, India is pluralistic, multilingual and multi-ethnic, and 48% of its inhabitants are women. So, what is there to know about the free and single girls from this intriguing country? Will they want to become your bride? Is it possible they will want to marry and spend the rest of their life with you?
Etiquette of people from India
Indians, in general, are very hospitable and welcoming, even the poor will do their utmost to make a visitor feel at home. Whilst most differences between cultures are not of great importance, especially between families and friends, the Indians show a healthy respect for their religious figures and governmental leaders. In India, the men tend to rule the roost, while the females normally remain deferential, especially to their fathers, fathers-in-law, and their husbands. And though she may not be too choosy about race, colour or creed, or hung up about black skin and white skin, there are a few rules and customs about which you should be aware before meeting an Indian lady.
The story of reincarnation: Death and the Afterlife. While it’s customary for Muslims, Jews, and Christians to bury their dead in cemeteries and hope for a life in paradise after death, Indian beliefs about the re-emergence of the soul vary from religion to religion. Each Eastern religion has its own particular belief in what to do with the bodies of the dead; the Zoroastrians, for example, leave the corpses exposed to the elements atop stone structures called the Towers of Silence. The Hindi firmly believe that reincarnation allows the soul to be reborn again and again so as to experience all aspects of life, but the cycle halts when at last the soul is elevated to a new higher level of existence. They also have a deep belief in the value and importance of colours, painting and dressing their various gods in shades according to the level of prominence and perfection. In the belief that colour is responsible for wellbeing and a healthy environment, the Hindis respect and revere each part of the rich spectrum, choosing perhaps one particular colour that brings him or her tranquillity and happiness.
The power of white
White is supreme, being the end result of virtually all the other colours when reflected out of the spectrum. White equals emptiness and purity, and has the ability to calm and relax the body and mind, giving inner peace to one’s inner soul. Symbolically, white means truth, harmony, happiness and perfection, although at times, being the colour of death and frozen horizons, it can also signify negativity. For instance, should a bride or a married woman clothe herself in nothing but white, absent of any colour, it is believed that unhappiness and the possibility of widowhood will be lurking just around the corner.
What is the typical stereotype or character of Indian women?
Typically, blessed with genuine feminine qualities of kindness, gentleness and warmth, the single Indian woman is quite different to her peers from the West. Humble and family oriented, and coming from a country that values its ancient traditions, Indian ladies generally follow the accepted principles of love and marriage, seeking men who will love, cherish and protect them. Well-organised when it comes to the daily routines of looking after the household and doing most of the cooking, the majority of Indian girls will have some type of employment. Being smart and well-educated, they are fond of studying and will undertake further education in order to earn more money and gain independence. However, even when their lifestyle is hectic at work and occupied in daily chores, the Indian woman is still very adept at knowing what pleases her man; there are very few nationalities whose women are as expert at looking after their partners. It’s a quality they grow up with, absorbing it from family and social roots that stretch back thousands of years.
Because of strong traditions, India is somewhat different to other countires when it comes to love, sex and marriage, the so-called ‘‘arranged marriage‘‘ still being practised in almost every community, except perhaps within the urban middle classes. Most marriages occur between boys and girls who have seldom met and who have little or no knowledge of one another before their wedding, each and every detail having been organised by their parents. Because of this, marriages that take place without instruction from the couple's parents are looked down on as impulsive acts of passion, and are widely termed "love marriages." This is something that the outsider, the white guy from America, will have to think about and come to terms with as soon as his feet hit the Indian subcontinent. In order to win the heart and the love of a fabulous Indian girl, it’s necessary to respect and understand her culture and her upbringing. You’ll need to go with the flow and accept the fact that the Indian concept of marriage still applies in almost every community. But, not to worry! Once married, intimacy and passion will escape from every pore of your new soulmate, who will be more willing and more experienced than most women from most other parts of the world.
How to date an Indian women
Although Indians are more liberal than they were several years ago, their culture is quite different from the rest of the world, and one should take care when meeting an Indian woman, whether or not the meeting comes as a result of a search on a website or through a casual meeting in a cafe or restaurant. Do not be in a hurry to rush into a lascivious relationship, take time to get to know the lady you’re interested in, because she certainly will need time before even hinting that she might be interested in you. However, when she is interested, she’ll more than likely be looking for and expecting a full time relationship and marriage, not just a casual fling. So, with this in mind, it’s probably a good idea to visit the country for an extended visit in order to give you time to assimilate the culture and the traditions, and get to really know the woman of your dreams.
Famous for its cuisine and welcoming spirit, it won’t be long before you fall in love, not ony with India the country, but with its culture, its people and their way-of-life. someone who will become your best friend, Obviously, with such a wealth of treasures and interesting sites, India will provide many activities for you to enjoy while spending time with your date. Think food, think markets, think spice, history and the Taj Mahal, meet and speak with the locals and breathe the Indian way-of-life. Try to understand the cultural differences, preferably before going out on your first date. Patience is a virtue, an especially important one when meeting someone from another ethnic group. Be open, be aware, be considerate and be happy; and, when you find your special dream girl, she will love you and stay with you and bring you all the pleasures that it’s possible to receive.
How do Indians meet?
Most commonly, meetings are left to the control of parents who, through wide circles of social contacts of the ‘‘right sort‘‘, organise and cultivate their sons and daughters into the above mentioned ‘‘arranged marriages‘‘.
- However, meetings also occur as a result of community get togethers or through religious events, social occasions that are geared to garner friendships, which, at some point in the future, could become a reason for dating. Today, however, and depending on the modernity of the family, the Indians are becoming more and more familiar with online dating, a from of social contact which is slowly but surely taking over from the more traditional methods of meeting someone.
- Texting via SMS is also very popular, and year-on-year becoming more widespread. While texting doesn’t usually lead to a date, who knows what the future might hold? Rapid advances in technology and encroaching Western attitudes could lead to a totally different way of social networking.
- Most Indian girls tend to be conservative, and will only be seen at venues such as a dance club with her fiancee or husband. And you can be sure that your woman won’t sleep around, she won’t drink too much and she more than likely won’t smoke.
- Parents are all important. So, when dating an Indian girl, it’s a good idea to get her parents on your side because, in this country, kids usually do what their parents tell them; especially when it comes to choosing a partner for life! And, it might even happen that they will take care of you if you’re American, because parents are aware that America is a completely different world.
Quick guide for a successful date with an Indian girl
Males in charge! In India, there‘s no equality between the sexes in India, it‘s still a male dominated society and women are not treated with the same dignity as in the Western world. More often than not, a woman still has no choice as to whom she may date or to whom she will eventually be married. In fact, it’s possible that she’ll never be allowed to make decisions of any kind without prior approval from the man of the family.
- Before asking an Indian lady out, there‘s a high probability that you’ll have to seek permission from the family before you have any chance of dating the daughter.
- Be polite and don‘t rush. As has been said, there’s a traditional view that a bride from a ‘‘good‘‘ family should be a virgin before she gets married. There’s no need to hurry if you’re thinking about a long-term relationship or if your intention is to marry. When she says yes, it‘s yes forever; not just for one night. Another reason why you should take your time is that Western couples have a higher percentage of divorce than Indian couples, which have a percentage rate of around one. Think about this, it’s important, because if you leave her at a later stage, it will bring shame on her and her family, and make for a hard life in their area.
- Food for thought, and food to be considered. Did you know that most Indians are vegetarians? When meeting an Indian, you should be aware that he or she does not eat beef, no way, and not for any reason. It’s a religious thing, in the same way that Muslims don’t eat pork. Crazy, but true! A few Indians may, however, eat fish or seafood, and some may eat chicken. A few, and only a few. So, when ordering for your soulmate, under no circumstances order meat. Ask her what she would like, it’ll be a first for her and will be sure to impress.
When you understand and acknowledge that there will certainly be some significant cultural differences, you’ll be able to decide whether or not you want to give it a shot before going out on a date. Famous for their outstanding beauty, tranquil attitude and womanly ways, these angels are sought by men from all over the world. So, if you decide to go for it, remember to keep an open.
Not sure about dating Indian women? You can try other nationalities, such as Colombian, Cuba, Hungary or Russia. Just keep searching and your lucky star will find you when it’s the right time. Smart people know that, for each of us, there is always someone with whom to share life’s happy moments.